Who should attend?
This course is aimed at Health and Safety Representatives, employee representatives and their managers and Safety committee members.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of Safety Representatives possible duties within the workplace.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Be able to explain how a safety committee works and who should be involved
- Be able to outline the processes of accident investigations
- Outline the main legal requirements for Health & Safety
- Principles of accident prevention
- The legal system
- Civil and criminal Law
- Health and Safety Legislation and codes of practice
- Duties of care and liabilities
- Record keeping
- Consultation and involvement of employees
- Functions of employee/safety representative
- Safety Committees
- Risk Assessments
- Accident reporting and RIDDOR
- Accident investigation
- Monitoring safety performance
- Safety Inspections and Audits
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area
Share this Course