Allstar Training offers the NEBOSH National General Certificate through one of our NEBOSH Accredited training partners
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Who should attend?
This course is for managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health & safety issues and wish to gain a formal qualification.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of how to manage Health & Safety in the workplace to create a safer working environment for everybody.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Identify the common hazards and unsafe practices likely to be found in the workplace and know the appropriate preventative and remedial actions to be taken
- Monitor and audit management policies, procedures and performance in securing health & safety in the workplace
- Interpret the requirements of health and welfare legislation and guidance which apply to the workplace
- Assist in the preparation and regular review of safety policies
- Use proactive and reactive strategies to prevent or reduce the risk of accidents and ill health
- Organise the work of a safety committee and manage relations with worker representatives
- Select an appropriate inspection technique for a specific work situation and undertake workplace inspections
Unit – NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
- Foundation in Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Plan
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Do
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Check
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Act
Unit GC2 – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Movement of People and Vehicles
- Manual and Mechanical Handling
- Work Equipment
- Chemical and Biological Hazards
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards
Unit GC3 – Health and safety practical application
Delegates are awarded the official NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health on successful completion and passing of the NEBOSH exams and project.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course