Health & Safety in the Workplace – Level 2 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
The course is designed for people at any level, in any sector, needing an understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace. It focuses on why Health & Safety is important, and how you can make a real difference to the wellbeing of yourself and others through changing your behaviour.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this qualification is to develop Learners’ health and safety awareness in preparation for employment.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to Health & Safety
- Identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace
- Roles and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Health and safety laws, including:
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Training and competence in the workplace
- Communicating health and safety information
- Risk assessments and risk control hierarchy
- Identifying and controlling risks from common workplace hazards:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Manual handling
- Fire safety
- Working from height
- Hazardous substances
- Workplace conditions
- Noise and vibration
- Transport and vehicles
- Smoking, alcohol and drugs
- Procedures for responding to accidents and incidents
- Recording incidents, accidents and ill health
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace certificate. It is recommended that this qualification is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course