First Aid at Work – Level 3 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide basic first aid to people in a range of first aid situations. Delegates must be at least 16 years of age certification.
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to benefit delegates by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations and/or take on the role of first aider in the workplace.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is:
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding, who is in shock or with minor injuries
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles or joints
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with:
- suspected chest Injuries
- burns and scalds
- an eye injury
- sudden poisoning
- suspected major illness
- Health & Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and AED use
- Recovery Position
- Heart Attack
- Anaphylaxis Shock
- Head and spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Wounds and bleeding
- Sprains, strains and dislocations
- Minor injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work certificate. Certificates are valid for 3 years and then delegates will need to attend the 2 day re-qualification course to remain qualified.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course