Qualsafe Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation – Level 2 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is for people who have a specific interest or a responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to be able to provide CPR when dealing with an emergency which may involve using an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations and safely use an AED.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Be able to demonstrate basic life support techniques and AED use in line with current national guidelines
- Be able to demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Be able to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an AED
- Understand the safe use of an AED
- Basic life support
- Recovery Position
- Safe use of an AED
- Procedures for when Emergency Services arrive
- Basic AED maintenance
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a Qualsafe Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation certificate. Certificates are valid for 1 year and then delegates will need to re-sit the qualification to remain qualified (this must be attended no later than 28 days after the expiry on the original certificate).
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course