Who should attend?
This course is suitable for people with responsibility for carrying out risk assessments in the workplace, as well as line managers, supervisors and safety representatives.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of how to prepare risk assessments, by showing delegates that a risk assessment is not about creating huge amounts of paperwork, but rather about identifying sensible measures to control the risks in your workplace.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand why Risk Assessments are carried out
- Understand the Health & Safety regulations
- Be able to perform Risk Assessments
- Be able to document Risk Assessments correctly
- Health & Safety at Work act 1974
- The competent person
- Hierarchy of Control
- Risk assessments – 5 steps to Risk Assessment
- Identify the Hazards
- Who might be harmed
- Evaluate the risks
- Record your significant findings
- Regularly review your risk assessments
- Practical assessment
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course