Recruitment & Selection
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone responsible for recruiting and selecting new employees, supervisors and managers, present and aspiring, who want to become more effective in preparing, conducting and evaluating interviews.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to look at the recruitment and selection process from start to finish and to give delegates the confidence they need to ensure they make the correct decision when selecting new members of staff.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify appropriate recruitment and selection methods
- Prepare for interviews, develop questions and understand different interviewing techniques
- Deal with difficult situations in the recruitment and selection process
- Understand legal responsibilities when recruiting and selecting new staff
- Devise a plan of work that can be implemented into their job role
- Course Introduction
- Determining the Skills you Need
- Finding Candidates
- Advertising Guidelines
- Screening CVs
- Interview Preparation and Format
- Interviewing Barriers
- Non-verbal Communication
- Types of Questions
- Traditional vs Behavioural Interviews
- Listening for Answers
- Difficult Applicants
- Additional Methods of Selection
- Recruitment & Selection and the Law
- Reaching a Decision
- Action Plan
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course