Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to understand the basics of employment law. It is particularly suitable for those starting out in a career in HR or those new to people management.
No prior knowledge of employment law is required.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to understand the core legal principles that apply to the relationship between the employer and the employee.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the practical implications of employment contracts, discrimination, data protection, maternity leave and other family rights legislation, holidays and sickness, discipline and termination of the contract
- Deal with situations effectively and according to the law
- Devise a plan of work that can be implemented into their job role
- Course Introduction
- Contracts of Employment
- Equal Opportunities
- Data Protection
- Paid Leave and Managing Absence
- Grievance and Appeals Procedures
- Termination of Employment
- Fair and Unfair Dismissal
- Employment Tribunals
- Implications from Case Law
- Recent Changes in Employment Law
- Action Plan
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course