Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to deal with conflict in the workplace more effectively. It looks at why conflict may occur and the skills and techniques needed to handle situations in an assertive and effective manner, whilst remaining calm and professional.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to help the delegate identify and understand conflict in the workplace, how to recognise different personalities and behaviours and learn the skills and techniques needed to deal with conflicting situations.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the common sources of conflict
- Identify different personalities and behaviour patterns in the workplace
- Learn coping strategies and how to resolve problems in the most effective way
- Have more self-awareness of their own behaviours and the effect it has in the workplace
- Follow simple steps to prevent and reduce conflict in the workplace
- Devise a plan of work that can be implemented into their job role
- Course Introduction
- Common causes of conflict – conflicting interests, incompatible work styles, competition over resources, poor communication, performance deficiencies
- Personality profiles and types
- Understanding different conflict styles – assertiveness and cooperativeness
- Five main conflict behaviours – Thomas Kilman Conflict Mode
- How to use conflict resolution strategies effectively
- Communication Techniques – active listening, think before you speak, effective questioning, clarification and summarising.
- Understanding the difference between the problem and the person
- Personal behaviour – its effect in the workplace and how to control it.
- Accepting personality clashes
- Top tips for preventing, managing and resolving conflict
- Focusing on the future and positive thinking techniques
- Stages of conflict and realising when mediation may be necessary
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course