Appraisals – making the most of your performance review
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who receives an annual appraisal in the workplace.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to help the delegate understand the appraisal process and provide them with hints and tips on how to make the most of the review. It discusses the benefits of preparing effectively, how to listen and how to deliver their thoughts and objectives in a clear and concise way, resulting in a more productive meeting for both the employer and employee.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Feel confident in reviewing their own performance
- Be able to carry out a self-evaluation
- Understand the company’s performance appraisal form
- Identify training needs
- Maintain structure and deal with difficult situations
- Set realistic objectives
- Benefits of performance reviews
- Review your previous appraisal and action plans
- Preparing for your appraisal
- Gather information on your performance, positive and negative
- Prepare a list of your accomplishments (what you have achieved)
- Prepare a list of your areas for development and training requirements
- Think about the year ahead
- Think about questions you would like to ask
- Think about your career progression and where you would like to be
- During your appraisal
- Being open and honest with your manager
- Listening and questioning skills
- Discussing your achievements
- How not to be defensive during your appraisal
- Discuss any training requirements to help you achieve your goals
- Set SMART Objectives for the year ahead
- Discuss the future and where your careers is going
- Get feedback from your manager and give them feedback
- What to do after your appraisal
- Action plans to improve performance
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course