Who should attend?
Individuals newly-appointed to project roles or those wishing to gain formal qualifications after previous project management experience. The course would be of benefit to those with project support office or project assurance roles, project board members who wish to be hands-on, and team members aspiring to a more senior role.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supported by PRINCE2.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to business objectives
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout
- Evaluate the project to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects
During the course, there will be a combination of formal presentations, group and individual exercises, enabling delegates to gain an understanding of the following topics:
- Themes and Processes
- Principles and Concepts
- Business Case
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Getting Work Done
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Issues and Escalation
- Closing a Project
- 75 multiple choice questions (including 5 trial questions)
- Pass mark is 50%
- 1 hour, closed book
Successful delegates will receive an official PRINCE2 certificate.
3 days – Delegates should be aware that considerable evening preparation and consolidation will be required to pass the exam.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses nationwide.
Share this Course