Management – Introduction
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those that are new to management and wish to explore best practice for communication, motivation and leadership skills.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course covers the initial parts of management that new managers often find most difficult, such as delegation, motivating their team and providing feedback.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand what good management is and how to apply it to get the best outcome
- Communicate and delegate effectively and use different motivating techniques to improve results
- Have the confidence to be more assertive in the workplace and make decisions
- Understand how to positively manage performance
- Devise a plan of work that can be implemented into their job role
- Course Introduction
- Leaders and Managers
- Transition to Management
- Effective Delegation and Gaining Co-operation
- Decision Making
- Motivational Techniques
- Identifying the need to motivate
- Motivational theories
- Ideas, tips and techniques
- Managing Performance
- Managing, maintaining and driving performance
- Setting goals
- Poor performance
- Providing Feedback
- Types of feedback
- Feedback model
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Action Plan
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course