Management – Further Development
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for any existing managers who wish to learn, revise and develop. It will help them to improve every aspect of their management style by giving them the complete skills needed to achieve results.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to provide a good understanding of the principles of management and the skills required for effectively managing staff performance. It looks in-depth at key managerial skills such as self-management, team development, coaching and performance management.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify different management styles
- Set and measure objectives
- Implement different coaching methods and provide constructive feedback
- Conduct effective appraisals and analyse training and development needs
- Manage performance in a more effective way
- Deal with poor performance and manage conflict within the team
- Devise a plan of work that can be implemented into their job role
- Course Introduction
- The Key Principles of an Effective Manager
- Management Styles
- M.A.R.T Objectives
- Setting objectives
- Measuring objectives
- What, why, who?
- Difference between training and coaching
- Effective feedback
- Performance Management
- Performance improvement
- Development and training
- Managing behaviour
- Appraisals and Reviews
- Managing Poor Performance
- Performance counselling
- Managing Conflict
- Recruiting and Interviewing
- Action Plan
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course