ILM Programme in Business Operations Management
Who should attend?
This course is designed for team leaders, supervisors and managers and those seeking to learn new skills in development management processes and procedures and the leadership theory behind it.
Course Aims & Objectives
Developing an understanding and knowledge of Leadership and Management theories and practices.
- Understand the performance/operational measures of running a team, elements that build a business.
- Examine, evaluate and analyse concepts and theories of employee behavior and understand how to manage motivation, conflict and overall employee performance.
- Understand and analyse the effectiveness of customer relationship management or customer experiences in your organisation.
- How to analyse HR processes and procedures and data management systems for business.
- Strategic business management.
- Planning and developing Innovative approaches to work place practices and procedures.
- How to effectively train and coach people.
- Reflection on personal experiences and how personal and business practices can be improved.
Session 1: Myers Briggs Type Indicator
The Best Fit
- A focus on good working relationships and linking to the business culture
- Activity based learning to re-enforce type elements
- What makes others work: A look at some of your colleagues and clients
Session 2: Personal Branding
A guide to looking at you and how your individual brand is perceived. Why brand is important in the professional world. We will look at setting you up with a Johari Window and revisit this later in the sessions to look at some results.
Session 3: Leadership & Management Theory
Understand the importance of collaborative management/leadership.
- What is management?
- What is leadership?
Leadership vs Management
- Identify your dominant team leadership profile
- Assessing your current leadership style
- The principles behind effective team leadership
Session 4: HR as a Team Leader/Manager
HR Process and Procedures (Business specific)
The changing face of HR
Session 5: Basics of Communication
Workshop/ Assignment / Observation
Focusing on the basics of communication including: –
How communication works
Forms of communication
Mehrabians Communication Pie
Communication and Personal Brand
Session 6: How to Train and Coach People
Workshop / Assignment/ Observation
How to Train and Coach People – Train the Trainer
Learning Styles – Giving out and taking in information (relating back to the S&N preferences)
Brief understanding of learning styles and the different options out there.
We will complete VARK questionnaires to understand our own learning preferences. This will help deepen the understanding of how people give out and take in information as well as allow them to understand the different approaches people have to learning and information gathering.
Session 7: Conflict Management
Unexpected situations in the office
The NLP Meta Mirror – The Reframe
Based on the scenarios and using the Meta Mirror approach
What would you do differently?
How does this approach fit into the culture of the business?
Reaction vs Reflection
Vulnerability – It’s OK to get things wrong and ask for help!
Wider Perspective Thinking – If I do make this decision: –
- Who will it affect/Impact?
- Who needs to know?
Session 8: Managing Pressure and Frustration
Throwing your toys out of your pram
Relating to MBTI and how different types relate to the same pressures
Adjusting your type to match the situation in hand
Ways in which you can deal with your own pressures and frustrations
Session 9: Understanding Business
Workshop/ Assignment / Observation
Activity based session allowing you to build a business from scratch. The concept is for you to gauge first-hand experience in understanding how a business works whilst putting together a presentation to deliver your concepts and ideas to a panel of people.
The programme is comprised of 9 workshop sessions spread out over a 12-month period.
Six assignments are required to complete the ILM qualification so a minimum of one day a month required for assessment to take place per learner is desired.
Share this Course