Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone in a supervisory or management role or anyone who’s been given delegating responsibilities. It will enable managers to become more effective by using delegation skills to improve their own and their team’s efficiency.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to enable managers to become more effective by using different techniques when delegating. It looks at the concept of delegation and how this can be implemented in the workplace.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Define when a task should be delegated
- Delegate tasks in a clear and structured way
- Decide what level of delegation is appropriate for different situations
- Understand the importance of the support and feedback they provide
- Devise a plan of work that can be implemented into their job role
- Course Introduction
- Delegation and SMART objectives
- The steps of successful delegation
- Define the task
- Select the individual or team
- Assess ability and training needs
- Explain the reasons
- State required results
- Discuss and agree resources
- Agree deadline
- Levels of delegation
- When to delegate and when not to delegate
- Psychological and emotional contracts
- The importance of feedback in the delegation process
- Support and monitoring outcomes
- Action plan
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course