Microsoft Project Basic
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is new to Project and who doesn’t know the basics of the programme.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the confidence in using the basic essential features of Project.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basic layout of Project
- Create a project plan
- Setting up and project calendar and tasks
- Using resources in a project
- Introduction to MS Project
- What is MS Project?
- Understanding the screen elements
- Creating a new project
- Auto and manual scheduling
- Editing the project calendar
- Setting working days and time
- Creating exceptions
- Creating recurring exceptions
- Task scheduling
- Entering durations, lead and lag and notes
- Linking tasks
- Setting constraints and deadlines
- Recurring tasks and milestones
- Splitting a task
- Managing resources
- Creating work, material and cost resources
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Viewing resource assignments
- Reporting and Tracking Progress
- Printing Project Views
- Visual Reports
- Dashboard Reports (2013 only)
- Customising Microsoft Project
- Changing task bar information and colour
- Inserting and hiding columns
- Using common Project views and tables
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 8 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course