Microsoft Excel Intermediate (2007, 2010 or 2013)
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who has attended the Basic course or has a little knowledge of Excel functions.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the confidence in using the essential features of Excel and to build on what was learnt in the Basic course.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Work with large and multiple spreadsheets
- Understand more advanced formulas
- Work with charts and other illustrative techniques
- Manipulate data to get better results
- Review of the Basics
- Techniques for working with large spreadsheets
- Fundamentals of writing formulas
- Conditional Formatting
- Creating multiple Conditional Formatting rules
- Managing Conditional Formatting on a sheet
- Logical Formulas
- Writing IF functions
- Using AND /OR for multiple criteria
- VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP Functions
- Understanding VLOOKUP
- Using VLOOKUP for an exact match
- Using VLOOKUP for closest match
- Absolute cell references and defined names
- Working with Charts
- Choosing the right chart
- Creating column, pie, line and combo charts
- Applying common chart settings
- Sparklines (2010+)
- Protecting a Spreadsheet
- Protecting a workbook
- Protecting the formulas on a worksheet
- Sharing a Workbook
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 8 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course