Microsoft Excel Basic
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is new to Excel and who doesn’t know the basics of the programme.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the confidence in using the essential features of Excel to create and alter simple spreadsheets.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basic layout of Excel
- Create, edit and save spreadsheets
- Understand basic formulas
- Understand the formatting of a spreadsheet
- Getting Started with Excel
- What is Excel?
- Understanding the elements of the screen
- Creating a new workbook
- Entering and editing data
- Using the Fill Handle
- Editing and Formatting a Spreadsheet
- Working with Cells, Rows and Columns
- Find and Replace
- Cell Comments
- Labels and Values
- Row Height and Column Width
- Borders, Gridlines, Colour and Fill Pattern
- Getting Started with Formulas
- Writing formulas to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- The rule of BODMAS
- Calculating percentages
- The SUM function
- Other aggregate functions (COUNT, AVERAGE…)
- Date calculations
- Using absolute cell references
- Working with Large Spreadsheets
- Split and Freeze Panes
- Sorting and Filtering
- Keyboard shortcuts and tips
- Page Layout and Printing
- Printing only a portion of the screen
- Headers and Footers
- Page Breaks
- Margins and Orientation
- Print Titles
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 8 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course