SHEA Water Passport (Safety, Health and Environment Awareness)
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in working in the Water industry or on related infrastructure.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to understand Health, Safety and Environmental issues that affect the Water industry and Water related sites.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand relevant law and regulations.
- Be able to assess hazards and risk assessments.
- Adopt safe working practices.
- Understand hygiene and health related issues.
The course comprises of up to thirteen modules, the first eight are common across the utilities sector. The remaining five modules are specific to the water industry and comprise of questions relating to potable water and sewerage, depending on which part of the sector you are eligible to work on, or both.
- Your Responsibilities
- Risk Assessment
- Workplace Procedures
- Physical Hazards (Part 1)
- Physical Hazards (Part 2)
- Hazards to Health (Part 1)
- Hazards to Health (Part 2)
- The Environment
- Working in the Highway (for the water or sewerage network)
- Excavations (network specific module)
- Sewerage Network
- Process Operations
- Hygiene and Health
A multiple choice examination paper is taken comprising between 40-60 questions. The pass mark is set at 80%. Successful delegates will receive a EUSR SHEA Water Passport Card which is valid for 3 years. Delegates will also receive a ‘Cover Note’ that is valid for 45 days as the formal EUSR passport card can take 5 weeks for delivery.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course