SHEA Gas Passport (Safety, Health and Environment Awareness)
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in operations on gas industry sites, both long term and temporary and has been developed for operatives, supervisors and management.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to understand Health, Safety and Environmental issues that affect the Gas industry and Gas related sites. By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand relevant law and regulations.
- Be able to assess hazards and risk assessments.
- Adopt safe working practices.
The course comprises eleven modules, the first eight of which are common across the utilities sector. The remaining three modules are specific to the gas industry and cover working on the gas network and above ground gas installations:
- Your Responsibilities
- Risk Assessment
- Workplace Procedures
- Physical Hazards (Part 1)
- Physical Hazards (Part 2)
- Hazards to Health (Part 1)
- Hazards to Health (Part 2)
- The Environment
- Excavations (gas specific module)
- Above Ground Installations (AGI) Workplace Procedures (gas specific module)
- Working in the Highway (gas specific module)
A multiple choice examination paper is taken comprising 55 questions. The pass mark is set at 80%. Successful delegates will receive a EUSR SHEA Gas Passport Card which is valid for 5 years. Delegates will also receive a ‘Cover Note’ that is valid for 45 days as the formal EUSR passport card can take 5 weeks for delivery.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course