Safe Handling and Disposal of Sharps
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who could be exposed to needles or syringes in their day to day work.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of how to manage the risks of sharps injuries, and the associated risks of infection from blood-borne viruses.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Have an understanding of how to safely dispose of sharps
- Be able to evaluate the risks and carry out risk assessments
- Understand what to do if an injury occurs
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The risks of bacterial infection and viruses such as Hepatitis and HIV
- First Aid procedures following an injury
- Reporting a sharps injury
- Risk Assessments to reduce sharps injuries
- Evaluate the risks
- Safe handling of sharps
- Safe disposal of sharps
- Practical assessment
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates.
Share this Course