Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone with the responsibility to carry out portable appliance testing. The tests do not need to be carried out by an electrician, but greater knowledge and experience is needed than for inspection alone, and the person performing the test must have the right equipment for the task.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of the precautions that need to be taken to prevent danger from portable or movable electrical equipment in low-risk environments, such as offices, shops and residential care homes.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the Health & Safety requirements
- Understand basic electrical theory
- Perform practical Portable Appliance Testing
- Be able to document results correctly
- Health & Safety legislation
- Basic electrical theory
- Ensuring the safety of electrical equipment
- Risk assessments
- Testing equipment
- Practical assessment – User checks, visual inspection and portable appliance tests
- Record your findings
- Reviewing your results
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates.
Share this Course