NEBOSH National Construction Certificate
Who should attend?
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at supervisors, managers and CDM co-ordinators within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely. It is likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely. The qualification is also appropriate for supervisors and managers working in other industries such as utilities, and even broadcasting, where temporary workplaces are a feature of their activities.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of how to manage Health & Safety in the workplace to create a safer working environment for everybody in the Construction industry.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Be able to identify the main hazards and unsafe practices associated with construction work and know the appropriate preventative and remedial actions to be taken
- Be able to monitor and audit management’s policies, procedures and performance in securing health & safety in the workplace
- Be able to advise on the requirements of health, safety and welfare legislation and guidance as applied to construction work
- Be able to describe when and where to obtain guidance on health & safety matters; maintain an information retrieval system and disseminate information when needed
- Be able to select appropriate inspection techniques for specific work situations and undertake workplace inspections
NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
- Foundation in Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Plan
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Do
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Check
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Act
NCC 1 – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Construction law and management
- Construction site hazards and control
- Vehicle and plant movement – hazards and control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and control
- Work equipment – hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical & biological health – hazards and risk control
- Physical & psychological health – hazards and risk control
- Working at height – hazards and risk control
- Excavation work and confined spaces – hazards and risk control
- Demolition & deconstruction – hazards and risk control
NCC2 – Construction Health and Safety Practical Application
Delegates are awarded the official NEBOSH National Construction on successful completion and passing of the NEBOSH exams and project.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course