NEBOSH – Health and Safety Management for Construction
Who should attend?
The Health and Safety Management for Construction qualification (NC) is aimed at anyone (managers, supervisors, and workers) in the construction sector. It’s ideal for anyone who needs a broad understanding of construction health and safety issues to be able to manage day-to-day risks effectively. Many people take this qualification as a first step in a career in construction health and safety. It gives a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
Course Aims & Learning Outcomes
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of how to manage Health & Safety in the workplace to create a safer working environment for everybody in the Construction industry.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Advise on duties and manage construction risk
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements
- Produce or contribute to a construction phase plan
- Help their organisation to manage contractors
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour
- Carry out a risk assessment of a construction site and manage a range of construction hazards
- Recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts
- Develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system
- Take part in incident investigations.
- The foundations of construction health and safety management
- Improving health and safety culture and assessing risk
- Managing change and procedures
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Working at height
- Musculoskeletal health and load handling
- Work equipment
- Chemical and biological agents
- Physical and psychological health
Delegates are awarded the official NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction on successful completion and passing of the NEBOSH open book exam.
10 days training followed by an open book exam (Candidates have 48-hours to compete this). Please note there will be approximately 40 hours of private study required
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
More information can be found on the NEBOSH website www.nebosh.org.uk/qualifications
Share this Course