Allstar Training offers the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management through one of our NEBOSH Accredited training partners
NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
Who should attend?
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate is a course designed for managers, supervisors, and personnel responsible for fire safety, and aims to equip holders to contribute to the conduct and review of fire risk assessments and fire preventative and protective measures within most workplaces.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to provide delegates with a fundamental understanding of health & safety management along with the skills and knowledge required for all those responsible for fire safety in their workplace. It provides an overview of fire legislation, risks, causes and preventative measures, as well as how to ensure the safety of people in the event of fire.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the legal framework relating to fire and health & safety
- Appreciate the purpose and procedures of investigating fires in the workplace
- Be able to outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- Be able to identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- Be able to advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- Advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedure
- Use a simple fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
Unit – NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
- Foundation in Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Plan
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Do
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Check
- Health & Safety Management Systems – Act
Unit 1 – FC1 – Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fires
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of fire
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment
FC2 – Fire Safety practical application
Delegates are awarded the official NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management on successful completion and passing of the NEBOSH exams and project.
11 Days – Full Course
5 Days – FC1 and FC2 only
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course