Moving and Handling of People
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to know essential information about the Moving and Handling of People.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding into how moving and handling people can cause injuries if not correctly undertaken and to teach the correct methods to reduce harm.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the Health & Safety regulations
- Understand the principles of safe Moving and Handling of People
- Be able to apply these principles to their own working environment
- Regulations affecting Moving and Handling
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- The risks and hazards of handling objects poorly
- Assessment of manual handling tasks
- Manual handling controls
- The spine
- Common injuries
- Causation of injuries and their prevention
- Assessing individual capability
- Principles of safer manual handling
- Team lifting
- Available equipment
- Practical session on common handling techniques
- Practical session on the common handling equipment
- Includes hoisting and slings, slide sheets, handling boards and belts
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course. This course needs to be refreshed every year.
1 Day or ½ day refresher
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates.
Share this Course