Safe Moving and Handling – Level 2 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is ideal for those who perform manual handling duties in the workplace, including industrial and office based environments. It is suitable:
- As an introduction to those starting work which involves carrying out manual handling activities
- For those returning to work where manual handling activities are required
- As safety refresher training
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners through developing their understanding of the principles of manual handling, and providing them with the opportunity to practise and apply the principles of safer manual handling of objects, so they can operate in a safer working environment.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual handling laws
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the body’s:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Centre of gravity
- Lever system
- Manual handling equipment:
- Types of manual handling aids and equipment
- Maintenance and requirements for testing
- Manual handling practical sessions:
- Preparing for a lift
- Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
- Team manual handling
- Using equipment
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling Certificate. It is recommended that you refresh this qualification every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course