Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to know essential information about Manual Handling.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding into how Manual Handling can cause injuries if not correctly undertaken and to teach the correct methods of Manual Handling to reduce harm.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the Health & Safety regulations
- Understand the principles of safe Manual Handling
- Be able to apply these principles to their own working environment
- Introduction to Manual Handling
- Manual Handling and the Law
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Spine
- Spinal Muscles
- Mechanics of Movement
- Types of Manual Handling Injuries
- Risk Assessment
- Controlling Measures for Reducing the Risk of Harm
- Principle of Safer Handling
- Manual Handling Equipment
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course