Manual Handling Instructor
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who is to carry out manual handling training within the workplace. It is designed to allow trainers to gain the necessary subject knowledge and to put this into practice.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates the necessary knowledge in Manual Handling legislation, techniques in delivering Manual Handling training and to put this into practice.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the Health & Safety regulations
- Understand the principles of safe Manual Handling
- Identify the different types of Manual Handling injuries and how to prevent these
- Be able to teach these principles to others
- Carry out a practical Manual Handling session
- Manual Handling Operation Regulations 1992
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Spine
- Spinal Muscles
- Safe manual handling techniques
- Types of Manual Handling injuries
- Risk Assessment
- How to prepare and deliver a manual handling training course
- How to manage and control manual handling risks
- Mechanical aids and safe process design
- Controlling Measures for Reducing the Risk of Harm
- Manual Handling Equipment
- Deliver a practical Manual Handling session
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 8 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course