Health & Safety in the Workplace – Level 1 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is for all employees working in all types of environment. It provides them with a basic introduction to health & safety in the workplace. It is also suitable for employees entering work for the first time or returning to work. This training can help to fulfil an employer’s legal duty to train all their staff in health & safety.
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by providing a basic introduction to health & safety in the workplace to make sure they are keeping themselves, and others they work with, safe at all times.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the importance of health & safety in the workplace
- Understand the scope of hazards and risks in the workplace
- Understand the range of workplace conditions that can affect health & safety
- Understand the requirements for workplace procedures
- Introduction to Health & Safety
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- General Workplace Safety
- Slips, trips and falls
- Working at heights
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Machinery and Vehicles
- Benefits of a tidy, well organised workplace
- Environmental conditions
- Welfare facilities
- Reporting accidents, ill health, dangerous events and near misses
- Purpose of first aid provision
- Personal Hygiene
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace certificate. It is recommended that this qualification is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 16 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course