Food Safety in Catering (QCF)
Who should attend?
The qualification is designed for anyone who handles food, or plans to handle food, in the catering industry. It would also be beneficial for people who come into contact, due to the nature of their work, with food handling areas (e.g. pest control officers and delivery personnel).
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this qualification is to enable delegates to develop their food safety awareness to keep the workplace clean and hygienic.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the Food Safety regulations
- Understand the importance of keeping foods safe
- Understand safe food handling practices so that they are able to supply food which is safe to consume
- Be able to highlight the importance for personal responsibility and personal hygiene
- The importance of Food Safety
- Food Contamination
- Food Poisoning and Food Borne Diseases
- Food Safety and the Law
- Food Safety Management
- Personal Hygiene
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Design of Premises and Equipment
- Pest Control
- Time and Temperature Controls
- Food Storage and Deliveries
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering certificate. It is recommended that this qualification is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 16 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course