Supervising Food Safety in Catering – Level 3 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is for people who work, or are preparing to work, in a supervisory role in a catering environment. It would also be suitable for people who own or manage small catering businesses.
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to educate Learners in supervising food safety in a catering environment. It includes the importance of safety management procedures and the requirements for monitoring, recording and evaluating these procedures, food safety and the law, good food hygiene practice and the role of the supervisor in the catering environment.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the role of the supervisor in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
- Understand how to implement food safety management procedures
- Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training
- The importance of food management procedures
- Legal responsibilities of employers and employees in relation to food safety
- How food safety legislation is enforced
- Application and monitoring of good hygiene practice:
- Importance of high standards of personal hygiene
- Procedures for cleaning, disinfection and waste disposal
- Design requirements of food premises and equipment
- Procedures for controlling contamination and cross-contamination
- Pest control
- Requirement for temperature control
- Implementing food safety management systems:
- Microbial, chemical, physical, allergenic hazards
- Methods and procedures for controlling food safety, including critical control points, critical limits and corrective actions
- Requirements for monitoring and recording food safety procedures
- Evaluating food safety controls and procedures
- The role of the supervisor in staff training:
- Inductions and ongoing training of staff
- Importance of communicating food safety procedures
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering certificate. It is recommended that this qualification is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 16 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course