Food Safety in Catering – Level 2 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
The qualification is designed for anyone who handles food, or plans to handle food, in the catering industry. It would also be beneficial for people who come into contact, due to the nature of their work, with food handling areas (e.g. pest control officers and delivery personnel).
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to educate Learners in food safety. It includes how individuals have a personal responsibility for food safety, the importance of personal hygiene, keeping work areas clean and tidy, safe food handling practices and keeping food safe.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand the importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe
- The importance of food safety
- Food safety laws
- Legal responsibilities of food handlers
- Types of contamination and the associated risks
- Food poisoning
- Foodborne illnesses
- An introduction to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Personal hygiene
- Work flow, work surfaces and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Waste disposal
- Pest control
- Safe food handling practices including time and temperature controls
- Cooking & reheating
- Hot holding
- Displaying food
- Core temperatures
- Food preservation
- Storage Stock control procedures
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering certificate. It is recommended that this qualification is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 16 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course