Qualsafe First Aid at Work Re-Qualification – Level 3 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who needs to renew a valid First Aid at Work certificate. This must be attended no later than 28 days after the expiry on the original certificate.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to update and refresh delegates with the practical skills needed by first aiders in the workplace and to give them the confidence and knowledge in dealing with emergency situations.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is:
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding, who is in shock or with minor injuries
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles or joints
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with:
- suspected chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- an eye injury
- sudden poisoning
- suspected major illness
- Health & Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and AED use
- Recovery Position
- Heart Attack
- Anaphylaxis Shock
- Head and spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Wounds and bleeding
- Sprains, strains and dislocations
- Minor injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a Qualsafe Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work certificate. Certificates are valid for 3 years and then delegates will need to attend the 2 day re-qualification course to remain qualified.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course