Qualsafe Emergency Paediatric First Aid – Level 3 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is for anyone who cares for children and babies; including parents, guardians, grandparents or people who have a professional involvement with children and babies.
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations when looking after children.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to:
- assess an emergency situation safely
- provide first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- provide first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- provide first aid for an infant or a child who is choking
- provide first aid to an infant or a child with external bleeding
- provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
- The roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and AED
- Minor Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- External Bleeding
- Hypovolaemic shock
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a Qualsafe Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid Certificate. Certificates are valid for 3 years and then delegates will need to re-sit the qualification to remain qualified (this must be attended no later than 28 days after the expiry on the original certificate).
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course