citizenAID – Level 2 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is for all members of the public who wish to learn lifesaving skills and techniques in the event of a deliberate multiple casualty incident.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare the Learner to develop the skills and knowledge needed to guide them to react safely, to pass effective messages to the emergency services, to prioritise the injured and to give life-saving first aid in the event of a shooting, stabbing, bombing or other deliberate incident. This combination of effective organisation and immediate treatment will help to save lives.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Be able to use the citizenAID app/pocket guide in an emergency situation
- Be able to provide immediate first aid to an unresponsive casualty who is breathing
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with severe external bleeding
- Determining the appropriate actions to take in the following events, using the citizenAID App or pocket guide:
- Knife attacker or active shooter
- Suspected bomb
- Exploded bomb
- Reporting the incident to the emergency services
- Prioritising multiple casualties
- Providing sufficient information when the emergency services arrive
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty who is breathing:
- Opening the airways
- Checking breathing
- Recovery Position
- Controlling severe external bleeding:
- Applying manufactured and improvised tourniquets
- Using improvised and manufactured dressings to pack wounds
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 2 Award in citizenAID certificate. Certificates are valid for 3 years and then delegates will need to re-sit the qualification to remain qualified (this must be attended no later than 28 days after the expiry on the original certificate).
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course