Administering Emergency Oxygen (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility to be able to safely administer and monitor the effects of emergency oxygen within their scope of practice.
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to administer emergency oxygen.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the principles of administering oxygen in an emergency
- Be able to administer oxygen in an emergency
- Use of oxygen, including:
- Health and safety principles for use of oxygen
- Benefits of oxygen administration
- Indications and contra-indications for emergency oxygen
- Dangers of compressed gas
- The use of emergency oxygen during:
- AED usage
- Pre-operational inspections of emergency oxygen equipment
- When emergency oxygen is required
- Clinical need for the administration of emergency oxygen
- Oxygen delivery devices, including:
- Nasal cannula
- Venturi mask
- Non re-breather mask
- Bag valve mask
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Oxygen certificate. Certificates are valid for 1 year and then delegates will need to re-sit the qualification to remain qualified.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course