Fire Safety Awareness – Level 1 Award (RQF)
Who should attend?
This qualification is for all employees to increase their basic fire safety awareness. This training helps to fulfil an employer’s legal duty to train all their staff in fire safety.
Course Aims & Objectives
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners through developing their fire safety awareness in the workplace to make sure that they are keeping themselves and others they work with safe at all times.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand basic fire safety and what to do in the event of an emergency
- Understand the principles of fire risk control
- Understand the basics of practical fire safety
- Causes of fires in the workplace
- The costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society
- Basic fire safety duties and responsibilities
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- Principles of fire risk control
- Key elements for effective fire risk management
- The fire triangle and controlling fire risks
- Active and passive risk control measures
- Fire prevention measures
- Safe use of portable fire-fighting equipment
- Fire safety equipment checks
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the trainer and need to complete a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a QA Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness Certificate. It is recommended that you refresh this qualification every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course