Who should attend?
This course is suitable for people with responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, as well as line managers, supervisors and safety representatives.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of fire safety in the workplace and to make them competent Fire Marshals.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the Fire Safety Order 2005
- Understand the basic fire hazards and risks in the workplace
- Be able to put into place measures to minimise fire risks
- Understand the different types of Fire fighting equipment and when to use it
- Be able to use equipment to put out basic fires
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Basic principles of fire
- Classification of fires
- Common causes and consequences of fires in the workplace
- Fire risk assessments and emergency planning
- General fire precautions and prevention
- Fire detection, fire warning and fire fighting equipment
- Emergency evacuation procedures.
- Fire extinguishers – types, classifications, checks and colour coding
- Practical demonstration of fire extinguishers
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course