EUSR National Water Hygiene Card Training
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all employees or contractors who work with water companies on potable water sites.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to provide a basic understanding of how important it is to maintain good hygiene standards whilst working with potable water.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Be fully aware of the ways in which potable water could be contaminated.
- Understand that it is their responsibility to prevent the water becoming contaminated.
- Be successful in obtaining the nationally agreed level of training, testing and medical clearance. This is measured by the successful completion of the National Water Hygiene test.
- The Importance of Water
- Water as a Carrier of Disease
- Water as a Foodstuff
- Restricted Operations
- Potential for Contamination
- Preventing Contamination
- Chlorination and Disinfection
- Consequences of Contamination
- Ensuring Quality: Sampling and Audit
A multiple choice examination paper is taken comprising of 25 questions. The pass mark is set at 88%. Successful delegates will receive a National Water Hygiene Card which is valid for 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course