COSHH – Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone working with substances hazardous to health. This includes using, storing, handling or transporting hazardous substances.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding in to what COSHH is, how this can be harmful to health and how to prevent harm to the workforce.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the Health & Safety regulations
- Understand what the hazards and risks are
- Understand and monitor the results of any exposure to harmful substances
- Know what to do if there is an accident or emergency
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- What the health hazards are, including entry routes to the body
- Risk Assessments
- 7 Steps to COSHH Assessments
- Hierarchy of control
- Control measures to reduce harm to health
- Keeping all control measures up to date and current
- Information, instruction and training for employees and others
- Planning for emergencies
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course