City & Guilds Medium Risk Confined Spaces
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anybody who will be working in, or at, a confined space where the risk assessment has classified the confined space as medium risk.
Course Aims & Objectives
This qualification is safe entry into confined spaces using compressed air escape breathing apparatus as part of the planned means of self-rescue. It also focuses on the delegate’s ability to work as a team member and make confined space entries which have been risk assessed and classified by the Water UK confined space entries classification scheme.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Prepare to enter a confined space
- Enter and exit a confined space
- Emergency exit from a confined space
- Preparing to enter a confined space
- Entering and exiting a confined space
- Dealing with emergencies and giving emergency aid
- Acting as top man-entry point controller
- Select, check and deploy equipment
- Establish a safety zone at the access and aggress point
- Establish and maintain an appropriate communication system
- Set out and interpret atmosphere monitors
- Maintain safe working procedures for the work being done
- Use compressed air breathing apparatus
- Follow emergency procedures
- Provide emergency aid to non-breathing unconscious casualty
On successful completion of the course candidates will be issued with a photo ID card and a City & Guilds Certificate which is valid for three years.
Bury St Edmunds
Share this Course