City & Guilds Low Risk Confined Spaces
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anybody who will be working in, or at, a confined space where the risk assessment has classified the confined space as low risk.
Course Aims & Objectives
This qualification has been designed by City & Guilds to meet the requirements of Water UK and is water industry specific. It focuses on the candidate’s ability to enter and work in low risk confined spaces which have been risk assessed and designated NC1 within the Water UK Scheme.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Prepare to enter a confined space
- Enter and exit a confined space
- Emergency exit from a confined space
Delegates will be required to demonstrate the ability to:
- Verify isolation from risk
- Establish a safety zone at the access and egress point
- Establish and maintain an appropriate communication system
- Set out and interpret atmosphere monitors
- Maintain safe working procedures for work being done
- Follow emergency procedures
On successful completion of the course, candidates will be issued with a photo ID card and a City & Guilds Certificate which is valid for three years.
Bury St Edmunds
Share this Course