Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Awareness (SOVA)
Who should attend?
This course is designed to help those who work with vulnerable individuals, to increase their knowledge. Anyone who works with a vulnerable individual on a full or part-time basis should have training on safeguarding, regardless of whether you are a paid employee or a volunteer.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to raise awareness of the different types of abuse, their signs and symptoms.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Identify the different categories of abuse
- What constitutes as abuse
- Signs and symptoms of abuse
- Legislation and guidance
- What is abuse? the definition of abuse
- Categories of abuse and their signs and symptoms
- The purpose of the safeguarding system
- Staff duties and action to take and who to report to
- How to respond to concerns and who to contact
- Fulfilling duty of care
- Safe practice and keeping adults at risk safe
- Recording and reporting and confidentiality
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course. This course needs to be refreshed every year.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course