Pressure Care Awareness
Who should attend?
This course is designed for health care professionals who work with individuals who are at risk of developing pressure areas.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give a basic understanding of what a pressure sore / ulcer is and how to identify the signs and symptoms.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Be able to identify a pressure ulcer
- Have a better understanding of how to care for someone with a pressure ulcer
- Key documents, definition and guidelines
- Anatomy of the skin, pressure, sheer and friction explained
- Predisposing factors, prevention, risk assessment and who is at risk
- Healthy skin, skin care and self-care
- Stages of pressure ulcers, recognition of pressure ulcers developing
- Reverse grading
- Pressure ulcer prevention methods and equipment
- Pressure ulcer vs moisture lesions
- Leg ulcers vs pressure ulcers
- Multiple choice test
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course. This course needs to be refreshed every year.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course