Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in the control of infection and contamination in the workplace.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of how to control the risk of infection in the workplace.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the current legislation
- Understand the different types of infection and how they spread
- Be able to control the risk of infection to create a safer working environment
- Legislation and Legal Requirements
- Blood Borne Viruses
- HIV and Hepatitis
- Bacterial Infections
- MRSA (Meticillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus)
- Clostridium Difficile
- How Infection Spreads
- Risk of Transmission
- Cross Infection and Contamination
- Universal Precautions
- Personal Hygiene and Hand washing
- Infection Control during First Aid Incidents
- Disposal of Waste
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course. This course needs to be refreshed every year.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course