Health & Safety for the Care Industry
Who should attend?
The course is designed for people at any level needing an understanding of Health & Safety in the Care Industry. It focuses on why Health & Safety is important, and how you can make a real difference to the wellbeing of yourself and others through changing your behaviour.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to enable delegates to develop their Health & Safety awareness. It helps the delegates build an understanding of the roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the care industry.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the Health & Safety regulations
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to Health & Safety
- Identify and control the risks from common hazards
- Introduction to Health & Safety
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- General Workplace Safety
- Accidents and Prevention
- Risk Assessment
- Fire Safety
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 2013
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)
- Infection Control
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Universal Precautions
- Safety Signs
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course. This course needs to be refreshed every year.
1 Day or ½ day refresher
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course