Who should attend?
The course is designed for anyone looking after an individual with dementia. There are estimated to be over 820,000 people in the UK with dementia, we now spend more time caring for people with dementia who have many complex needs.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to develop a better understanding of the signs, symptoms, treatment and care, which will improve the quality of life for those who are affected.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand how dementia can affect the individual
- How to support an individual with dementia
- Identify the different types of dementia
- What is dementia, types of dementia, how the brain is affected and life expectancy
- Related dementias, changes, history and careful care planning
- Signs and symptoms
- How diagnosis is made, other investigations
- Diagnosis, treatment and possible preventions
- Changes within the individual
- Communication, how do we help, activities
- Diet and design settings
- Multiple choice test
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course. This course needs to be refreshed every year.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course