Safe Use of an Abrasive Wheel
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all operators, supervisors and managers, who use, select and mount abrasive wheels as part of their day to day working duties.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding of how to use an Abrasive Wheel safely and to highlight the dangers of Abrasive Wheels.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the Health & Safety regulations
- Understand how to use an Abrasive Wheel safely
- Be able to inspect the equipment for damage
- Be able to reduce workplace accidents resulting in a safer working environment
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels such as flanges, blotters, bushes, nuts etc
- The proper method of dressing an abrasive wheel (removing dulled abrasive or other material from the cutting surface and/or removing material to correct any uneven wear of the wheel)
- The correct adjustment of the work rest on pedestal or bench grinding machines
- The correct use of PPE
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates.
Share this Course