18th Edition Wiring Regulations (C&G 2382-18)
Who should attend?
This qualification is intended for qualified, experienced practicing electricians and ensures that they are familiar with the layout, content and use of the regulations.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the course is to give delegates a thorough understanding of the 18th Edition Regulations, BS 7671.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the 18th Edition Regulations
- Understand how to effectively interpret and implement the standards
- Be able to work with electrical wiring safely
- Introduction, plan/style of regulations
- Practical situations – earthing / protection / control
- Supply systems TT, TN-S, TN-C-S
- External influences introduction to cable selection
- Cable selection continued, volt drop constraints
- Shock protection, disconnection characteristics
- Inspection and testing
- Special locations
- Practice test
- Recap and review
- Online exam
Delegates are required to sit a 2 hour online exam at the end of the course. After successfully passing the exam, delegates will receive the City & Guilds 2382:18 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations qualification.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 12 delegates or upcoming open courses in your local area.
Share this Course