Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who is involved in the slinging of loads and signaling of cranes. It is also beneficial to management and other personnel with a responsibility for safe lifting operations.
Course Aims & Objectives
The purpose of this course is to provide information on the safe and correct use of lifting equipment and accessories and best practice to promote a safer environment for everyone involved in the process.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
- Be able to inspect the equipment used to sling loads
- Understand the correct hand or arm signals used to manoeuvre the load safely
- Health & Safety (Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996 L64
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- LOLER Regulations 1998
- PUWER Regulations 1998
- Banksman Responsibilities
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Recognise Signals
- Identification and Inspection of Slings
- How to Sling Loads
- Risk Assessment
- Inspection of Equipment
- Practical Training on Equipment
- Theory and Practical Assessment
On completion of the course and successfully passing the theory and practical test, the delegates are awarded a certificate which complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 6 delegates.
Share this Course